This section reflects the design principles that underpin Cumulocity's products. They provide a unified language and consistent look & feel when designing apps and products within Cumulocity ecosystem.
Eliminate ambiguity. Enable people to see, understand, and act with confidence.
- What just happened
- Where you are
- What you can do
- What will happen when you do it
Design something that looks good in every situation.
- Rely on traditional design solutions that work well
- Use bulletproof typography: black on white, large and readable
- Consider all the possible content: no content, short content, long content, ugly content
- Account for all the devices and resolutions
Our eyes love seeing simple and familiar things.
- Icons. When in doubt, replace an icon with text
- Use common navigation patterns
- Call-to-action — links, buttons, etc. Use simple, popular verbs
- Common color codes: red for urgent, yellow for warning, green for success, blue for information
Streamline and optimize workflows. The core interface should be simple and functional.
- Streamline and optimize workflows
- Intelligently anticipate needs to help people work better, smarter, and faster
- Make sure the user completes their main task in the most efficient way and never loses the result of their work
Consistency & Structure
Discoverability and ease of use.
- Introduce strong visual hierarchy
- Align everything nicely along the grid, or introduce other kind of visual order
- Use a consistent color scheme
- Keep the navigation consistent across all screens
- Re-use the same elements for different situations
Utility & Beauty
Utility satisfies needs, but beauty drives desire.
- Don’t simply make something that works. Design for experiences that people enjoy.
- Create aesthetically elegant solutions which carry consistent meaning in both form and function.